Sunday 6 July 2014

Morning routine (for party)

Hey guys,

Wow, time flies! It's been a while, and we know we say this every time but we promise we will try to be more organised and post regularly! 
I had an extremely belated birthday party last weekend with quite a lot of my friends and it was a lovely night! We all dressed up and listened to music in a 'marquee' thing! However, it takes me forever to get ready normally so I spent most the day preparing for the evening :p  In this post I'm going to be showing you my skin care routine in the morning, so my face was prepared for makeup! I will also do another post showing you what makeup I wore on the night and my outfit! I hope you enjoy...

I woke up, and of course as usual stayed in bed for about 1 hour just going on my phone and chilling! I then got up, and went straight to the bathroom! I washed my face with some warm water and then pat dried it! 


I put this warming mineral mask on from 'The Body Shop'. I personally love this mask, as with warming masks you feel like it is actually doing something! This one really hydrates my skin as well and leaves it feeling ultra smooth! 


I left my mask on for 20 minutes, so whilst I was waiting for that, I used this Garnier tanning moisturiser on the test of my body! It gives a really nice, even tan that doesn't look fake and it is so easy to use! I would recommend this to anyone who struggles with fake tan and this left me with no streaks and comes through with hours and stays for ages as well, which is always a bonus!


Also before I took off the mask, I painted my toenail with Tanya Burr's nail varnish in the colour 'Peaches & Cream'. It is a gorgeous pinky- nudey colour and went perfectly with the makeup and dress I was wearing!

I then rinsed off the mask with a cloth and slightly warm water, and dried my face! 

I then shaved using the Venus Breeze shaver! Don't know whether anyone is interested in this- but I really like it as it has moisture bars on the edge (think that is what they are called) which mean you don't cut yourself and as the name would suggest, they again moisturise!


After all of that, I used this tea tree skin clearing lotion from 'The Body Shop' on any spots or blemishes I had! You can get a smaller one with 25ml for £3 or a larger one with 50ml for £8! It works really well as it has tea tree in which is great for spots and most of mine disappear if I use this regularly.


This is a morning moisturiser from Botanics!  It doesn't do anything special, but it does what it says on the box and works well! My face always feel hydrated and nourished after using it! I also think it does brighten my skin in the morning when I am looking far from acceptable :o


Finally, I used this eyes-awake recovery gel sample from Elemis! I always look like I'm still asleep in the mornings, but this actually makes me feel more awake! You just put around your eye and it is refreshing as well so that is probably why it works so well- I have no idea that Is just a guess!!!

I did all of this in the morning, and then later on, my face was prepped and ready for make-up and it just made it easier! I'm going to do another post on my make-up and Alice is going to do one on her evening routine that she did after the party! We are also going to be doing an OOTD for what we wore, so expect those  soon! 

I hope you enjoyed this and it gave you some inspiration for skin are products!

Love you guys
Alice and Millie <3 x

No comments:

Post a Comment