Sunday 2 March 2014

Naked 3 Palette Review

Hey guys,

We are so sorry that we didn't upload on Sunday last week (and that our talking Tuesdays post was late...) but we are both really busy, as we got lots of homework for the half-term holiday (guess we can't have expected any less :( ). Anyway back to today's blog. For my birthday (Millie) Alice and another friend from school got me the Naked 3 Palette from Urban Decay, so I thought I would do a review on it.

The packaging is pretty much the same as the other 2 naked palettes, and I really like it as it is quite elegant (?!) if that even makes sense. It is quite simple but I think that's what I like about it as it doesn't distract you from the actual product inside.


 So onto the actual eye shadows themselves. I'm not really sure how to put into words how freaking amazing they are, because they are just that good! The palette itself is obviously quite expensive, around the £40 mark , so you can expect great things and believe me I was NOT disappointed. The eye shadow goes onto a brush super easily and it isn't like one of those eye shadows where it looks like its going to be amazing and pigmented until it gets onto your eyelid and then your just like what the hell happened there! No no, it is amazingly pigmented and so easy to blend. Most of the colours are shimmery but there are 3 out of 12 that are matte. They are all kind of rose goldy (apart from the darker colours) and I honestly don't think the pictures do the colours justice as they are all such beautiful colours and there is not one where I would be like "eww this colour is gross" and that's saying something as when it comes to eye shadow colours I am very picky, which is also why I don't have many...
 Left to right- Strange, Dust, Burnout, Limit, Buzz, Trick, Nooner, Liar, Factory, Mugshot, Darkside, Blackheart

I use the middle colours, buzz, trick, burnout (mostly I use this colour) and sometimes dust, for my base coat, after I have put on primer, so just sweep those all over my lid going up to the crease. Then with the darker colours, so blackheart, darkside, mugshot, factory, liar an sometimes nooner, take it through my crease and to the end of my eyelid and blend that in so it is more subtle. Then with the lightest colours, so strange, dust and limit, I do a light cover over my brow bone and the corner of my eye, so the tear duct (I think that's what it's called?)
Sorry that the colours fade out as they get lighter! They were very similar to the shade of my skin (oh my god I am so pale) so are not very obvious but they are there!

My favourite combination (sorry I have no photo) at the moment is Burnout as my base coat, then Factory as my contouring colour, so in my crease and then strange just to make me look more awake, but it changes every few days as they are all such pretty colours!!!!!


The palette also comes with a handy double-sided brush. The bigger fluffier end is for the base coat and for blending and the smaller, tapered end, I use for the crease colour! Both brushes are really good quality, as are the eye shadows (don't think I actually said that) so it's a bit of an added bonus!
 
 
And if you thought it couldn't get better than this, you are so wrong! I got 4 primer potion pot kind of things (I have no idea how to describe them) with different primers in! I haven't used them yet as I am waiting for the right chance to, but I can't wait. They look amazing, and it was a nice surprise I found waiting in the box!
 
So that is it for today! I hope you enjoyed and feel urged to go out and buy it (maybe tomorrow though) because it honestly is worth the money. We are thinking about possibly doing a post where we show you some ideas, so you can actually see them in photos, rather than me just telling you what I like. We will be posting something during the week, but we aren't sure when yet and whether it will be a different series than what we were doing in February but we will keep you updated on our twitter @alittleblog23 ! Please follow us if you enjoyed reading this,
 
We love you lots
Bye guys <3 x

No comments:

Post a Comment